Android 12 and Android 11 both represent major updates to the Android operating system, but there are several key differences between the two. Here are some of the most notable differences in Android 11 vs 12:
- Design language: Android 12 features a refreshed design language that is more modern and user-friendly, with rounder corners, softer edges, and a more colorful palette. In comparison, Android 11’s design language was more minimalistic and focused on making the most important information more prominent.
- Privacy dashboard: One of the biggest new features in Android 12 is the privacy dashboard, which provides users with more control over their data. The dashboard gives a clear and concise overview of which apps are accessing your camera, microphone, and location, and makes it easy to manage these permissions on a per-app basis. This is a significant step forward for privacy on Android and it’s a major difference between Android 12 and Android 11.
- Gesture navigation: Android 12 introduces a new gesture navigation system that replaces the traditional navigation buttons with swipe gestures. This makes it easier to use your smartphone one-handed and to access your apps and notifications. Android 11 also had gesture navigation, but it was limited in comparison to the system in Android 12.
- Improved battery life: Android 12 includes several changes aimed at improving battery life, such as more aggressive battery optimization, improved app hibernation, and reduced CPU usage when the device is in standby mode. Android 11 also had some battery life improvements, but they were not as extensive as the improvements in Android 12.
- Google Assistant: The Google Assistant in Android 12 has been updated with new features and improvements, including improved natural language processing, more personalized results, and a more conversational user interface. The Google Assistant in Android 11 was already a powerful tool, but the updates in Android 12 make it even better.
These are some of the major differences between Android 12 and Android 11. While both operating systems represent major updates to the Android platform, Android 12 brings a range of new features and improvements that make it a more modern, user-friendly, and privacy-focused experience.